Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KD_IFDU
New Contributor

SDWAN CRISS-CROSS TUNNEL SETUP

I have a below setup.

Spoke locations:  Single WAN link sites (Single Underlay) & Dual WAN link sites (2 Underlay)

Hub location: Single Hub with Dual WAN link

Single Underlay sites having 1 Overlay to Hub location

Dual Underlay sites having 2 Overlay to Hub location

I have a ADVPN with SDWAN setup, spoke-to-spoke communication is happening via shortcut tunnel.

In this case some fail-over scenarios are there between spoke-to-spoke communication,

Single Underlay Site - Overlay 1 is UP

Dual Underlay site - Overlay 1 is down (WAN 1 down) but Overlay 2 is UP (WAN 2)

But communication between these sites are not happening via Criss-Cross tunnel.

Question:

How to achieve this communication (Criss-Cross tunnel)?

Fail-over: As per TAC, Its not possible

I want to cheek anyone achieved this solution or design or not, If possible how it is done?

anyone having any idea? Need your suggestion.

4 REPLIES 4
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @KD_IFDU,

If wan1 is down, traffic should flow through wan2. Can you make sure that both tunnels appear in the routing table by running "get router info routing-table all". 

Regards, 

KD_IFDU
New Contributor

In the Dual WAN link site (Consider Branch2), WAN1 is down due to that Overlay1 down and learning about the single WAN link sites LAN subnet (Consider Branch1) via Overlay2

But on other side Branch1 WAN1 is UP, so Overlay1 is UP and there is no Overlay2 here, this is learning about Branch2 LAN subnet via Overlay1.

(Overlay1  via WAN1 & Overlay2 via WAN2 is built for all the sites)

Hub side (acting as RR in IBGP), SDWAN setup is done like, Overlay1 is primary for all the spoke-to-spoke communications, Overlay2 is secondary.

Routing details.

Branch1: Learning the Branch2 subnet via Overlay2

Branch2: Learning the Branch1 subnet via Overlay1

This is how I was learning the routing information.

hbac

@KD_IFDU,

Please provide a network diagram if possible. If I understand correctly, Branch1 only has 1 wan connection and one IPsec tunnel? It should have 2 tunnels to each wan interfaces of the hub. 

Regards, 

rajamanickam
Contributor

Are you advertising all the overlay subnets from hub so that recursive lookup happens for next hop

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors