Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rpozywak
New Contributor

SD-Wan / Load Balancing

I have a Fortinet 60D firewall running 6.0.4 firmware.    I just added a second ADSL line to the firewall on WAN 2.   I currently have a ADSL line on WAN 1.  Both ADSL lines have static ip's and the speed is equal on both links.   Currently I have get 25mbs down and 2mbs up.   I followed the white paper that Fortinet put out reference to SDWAN and configured my firewall the same.  In the criteria section I selected volume and gave wan 1 50 percent and wan 2 50 percent to total a 100 percent.  From there I configured the policies to use the SDWAN interface.

I have been monitoring both WAN interfaces in the Fortinet dashboard and what I have been noticing is that WAN 1 will have about 20mbs of usage and WAN 2 will be around 1.58kps and this will stay like this for an hour or so and then WAN 2 will have about 20mbs and WAN 1 will be around a couple kps.   I was looking at the logs and it doesn't seem that either of my WAN connections are dropping.   

I am trying to load balance between both of these WAN connections but it seems not to be working correctly.   Is there something I am missing or need to change in my configuration or does Fortinet firewalls don't load balance good.   

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

Richard       

12 REPLIES 12
alex_buric

I have another problem with SD-WAN on Fortigate 60D (6.0.6)

Two WAN link:

WAN1 - Fiber with static IP

WAN2 - ADSL

I have added both WAN's in SD-WAN and done static route 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 to SD-WAN

After that I see two defaul route in routing table:

Routing table for VRF=0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 193.200.32.2, ppp1
                   [1/0] via 31.128.69.193, wan2

After few seconds (15-20) default route with ADSL link dissaped

Routing table for VRF=0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 31.128.69.193, wan2

Does anyone have such problem?

ede_pfau

Please don't cross post! You only repell people willing to help -

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"