Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
beaven67
New Contributor

SD-WAN?

Can anyone elaborate on what type of SD-WAN support the new OS has to offer? I have used Silverpeak and Riverbed for sdwan in the past. I could see that if security with Multipath routing functionality intelligence enhancements in the fortigate platform would make it a great option. Also what about tcp offloading, caching windowing etc. These are a part of both of the other vendors SD-Wan solution is this possible yet on 5.6.1? I've installed and manage about 500 fortnet firewalls so getting familiar with their functionality would be a good thing for the company :)

Pat,

1 REPLY 1
Jzhang_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Basically FGT SD-WAN feature leverage ECMP to distribute outbound traffic over multiple path for different load balance mode setting(source-ip base, weight-base, traffic volume base...)

Also support service rule to forward specific kind of  traffic out of dedicated path based on link-quality(latency, packet-loss, jitter) . In the future, SD-WAN will use app-control to identify traffic and forward according service rule defined.

Johnson

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors