Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jase888
New Contributor

SD WAN setup issue

I am setting up a Fortigate 60E with SD WAN for failover/load balance but running into an issue.

I have 2 WANs connected and both work individually with my ipv4 policy if I switch between them, so I know the WANS are setup correct including the static routes. When I add them into SD-WAN and then set my ipv4 to use the SD WAN I have no internet at all. I feel I must be missing something obvious but I've followed the guides I've seen like this

Any ideas would be appreciated

1 Solution
GusTech

pls check your routes

Fortigate <3

View solution in original post

Fortigate <3
6 REPLIES 6
GusTech
Contributor II

You have also set up policy against the SD-WAN interface

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
jase888

I have setup a  LAN to SD WAN IPv4 policy the same as I had for WAN 1 or WAN 2 but it now uses SD-WAN as outgoing interface

GusTech

Yes

Are your dns correct, can you send ping to 8.8.8.8?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
jase888

yeah it does seem like a DNS related issue, but the SD-WAN Status Checks is setup to ping 8.8.8.8 and it appears to be working. However I cant ping anything external including 8.8.8.8 from a client attached to it when im on the SDWAN so bit lost

GusTech

pls check your routes

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
jase888

thanks - it was the routes I though leaving both wan routes in was correct but needed to chnage it so it only had the SD WAN Route

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors