Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
akadimi
New Contributor II

SD-WAN routes dynamic from BGP

Hi,

I am following this kb article to reference default routes learned from bgp peers in the sdwan rules. So I created the route map and applied it to the bgp neighbors, however when referencing the tag from the sdwan rule I couldn't find the dst-tag item as mentioned in this part :

config system sdwan
    config service
        edit 1
            set mode priority
            set dst-tag 11
            set health-check "datacenter1"
            set priority-members 1 2
        next
    end
end

Seems like the dst-tag is not available, or do I need to enable something else? I tried both in a FG 600D 6.4.12 and a FortiVM (demo) with no luck:

FortiGate-VM (1) # set dst-tag 11

command parse error before 'dst-tag'
Command fail. Return code -61

1 Solution
akadimi
New Contributor II

I found the answer for myself: there is no need at all to follow the mentionned KB article to have SDWAN use BGP routes, they are used automatically as long as they are in the routing table and that you added the interfaces as members to SDWAN zone.

Though, this didn't work for me due to a known routing bug in 6.4.12 and 7.0.10. Upgrading to 7.0.11 and downgrading to 6.4.11 (for the moment) solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
funkylicious
Contributor III

Hi,

I think it's a mistake in the KB, it should be set route-tag if I recall correctly.

geek
geek
akadimi

I thought the same thing but then found that route-tag is used to specify the destination network and not the next hop.

akadimi
New Contributor II

I found the answer for myself: there is no need at all to follow the mentionned KB article to have SDWAN use BGP routes, they are used automatically as long as they are in the routing table and that you added the interfaces as members to SDWAN zone.

Though, this didn't work for me due to a known routing bug in 6.4.12 and 7.0.10. Upgrading to 7.0.11 and downgrading to 6.4.11 (for the moment) solved the issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors