Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sefer
New Contributor

SD-WAN converter tool

Hi,

I have 1500D with single WAN interface.

Now, I added second WAN (another ISP) to make SD-WAN

Is there any tool to convert my. config from single-WAN to two-WAN (SD-WAN) ?

Or 

What practical way to do this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

I don't think there is a converter to this.

This will affect all policies using wan interfaces that are now in sdwan. These will no longer work because once part of sdwan the single wan interface is no longer avaiable for policies. So you would have to change all your policies for internet acecess to have sdwan as destination interface.

If you need to access e.g. routers behind the wan (if you have no bridge mode) you also need to change those policies to sdwan.

Also you might need to remove all default  routes and then create a new one on sdwan.

Also remember to enter the gateway ips into sdwan if the wan don't do pppoe or dhcp.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

No tool, hint for future if you do or do not have a need for SDWAN , set the appliance up with SDWAN and with he single wan1 uplink as a member from day one

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors