Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
unknown1020
New Contributor III

SD WAN configuration

Friends could give me their recommendations or suggestions for an SD WAN implementation.

In my fw it is planned to configure a sd wan, currently I have a WAN link that is associated with internet exit policies, publications and IPsec tunnels.

I was reading the KB since it will be the first time I will perform this configuration, however it is mentioned that I should eliminate all references to the WAN port.

If I delete everything I will not have access to the internet, the site to site tunnels will be down and the publications would be affected.

It is planned to perform this configuration remotely but if the policies are removed, I will not be able to access remotely.

Based on your experience, could you please give me recommendations to carry out this activity.

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

@unknown1020 , I suggest to proceed as follows.

• If it is a remote FG then you need a local help in case connection is lost
  • Proceed during maintenance window
  • Backup the full configuration
  • Go to Network> Interface
  • Select the WAN interface and click Integrate Interface
  • In the migration wizard select Migrate to SD-WAN, then follow the wizard till the end
  • In case the migration fails ask the remote assistant to restore the config or to give you access through other internet connection 

AEK
AEK
VinayHM
Staff
Staff

Hi @unknown1020 

You can configure sdwan, on existing configure without deleting any reference.

Please follow the below article for the same.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-add-the-interface-in-SD-WAN-member-...

Regards,

Vinay HM
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors