Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tedew
New Contributor

SD-WAN and incoming connection

hello,

I have this situation:

I have two links from two diferent ISP (let's say ISP_A (fast) and ISP_B (slower)), and from ISP_A i have Public IP pool, we are using one IP from this pool to provide one application available from outside (by configuring VIP).

Is SD-WAN we have rule in general saying that if ISP_A is down or bad SLA use ISP_B

Our partenr is using VIP address to access to or resource from Their site.

Question:):

1.If ISP_A is  down , will be possible to access from Partner site using VIP(pool from ISP_A) but on link from ISP_B ??

Thanks

1 Solution
saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi @tedew ,

Yes can speak to both your ISP's to have this requirement discussed and have them analyze and suggest you the best solution possible.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi @tedew ,

This is not possible if this Public IP pool is provided to you by the ISP.

You can achieve this if you have your own Public IP address (not from the ISP public IP range but from APNIC or RIPE) which can then be routed in both the ISP's with different metric (one route preferred over other). Need to check with your service provider for this specific use case. 

Best Regards,

tedew

hello,

I have checeked on RPIE and this Public IP pool is registred for our company :) - I was not awara about this...

So, now i should contact with both ISP and speak about metrics ??

Thanks

saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi @tedew ,

Yes can speak to both your ISP's to have this requirement discussed and have them analyze and suggest you the best solution possible.

Best Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors