Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

SD WAN Problems - main Interface x times down per day after upgrading to 6.2.11

Hi,

I have a FG30E with 6.2.12 (just upgraded it 10mins ago) with SD WAN configurations. Both WAN have same metric. This worked fine for months but after upgrading from 6.2.9 to 6.2.11 we got problems.

Many times a day we would loose connectivity since the SD WAN rule was to get out just by WAN2 (the other one is a really slow backup). I was entering by Forticloud and Management and I saw x times that the WAN1 was DOWN in Performance SLA (ping to 8.8.8.8). 

I really hope that this is not a bug for 6.2.1X because otherwise I just could donwgrade to 6.2.9 again and I guess I would have to reste the FG30 and restore an old config file (I am via remote).

Any other ideas I could check on that?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Roland,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Pinging public DNS servers is never a good idea for measuring your WAN link. DNS servers often have rate limiting imposed on ICMP. I would recommend a different probe type. Try using DNS protocol if you insist on using 8.8.8.8 as your HC server. Or, try using your ISP's default gateway as a ping response HC server.

Cheers,
Graham
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

Hi,

after updating to 6.2.12 everything seems fine again.

Thanks,

Roland

Julien87

Hello Roland,

FYI I've already had blocking problems on pings to google dns. So I advise you to follow the advice of Graham and use another method.   This blacklist is randomly.

Julien
Julien
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors