Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mz161989
New Contributor

SD-WAN Connection Freeze (lost) every 10-15 min

Dear Fortinet Team, I'm facing a problem recently we installed FortiGate 100D on our network. We have 5 ISPs configured as SD-WAN on FortiGate and out LAN to Mikrotik router for PPPoE service to customers. SD-WAN set as source-destination IP as I assume it should be the most reliable among the sd-wan options. However, I'm facing a problem that when gaming or VPN, Remote access, work from home customers will complain that the connection is not stable and it cut for every 10 min and freeze. So I decided to try to route some applications specifically on single WAN to avoid some troubles. so I created SD-WAN rules, games application to go through single wan, videos on another, p2p and FTP on another, and at the end I put all in/out to single isp as well so that I control the traffic as possible. But still, freezing and the FortiGate seem like shifting between WANs and casing freezing. and I noticed the ping on SLA has some spikes. Is there anyone experience this problem? I would love to like some ideas. is it possible to set some priority on the links to nail the connection more stable? Thank you all in advanced

1 REPLY 1
mz161989
New Contributor

**Update: after enabling session persistence on wan ports and enable neighbor hold on sd-wan the problem seems resolved

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors