Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hellothere
New Contributor

S148FN Standalone. VLAN other than native cannot communicate.

I have a S148FN switch in standalone connected to a Dell Switch. Dell switch is the core switch. I want to use the S148FN as a layer 2 switch that can pass VLANs. It has been configured to a point where the S148FN can ping all the VLAN IPs on the Dell switch, but anything connected to the S148FN can only communicate on ports set to the native VLAN. Support case opened and they mentioned it might be an issue with the S148FN model. They have to setup a lab and confirm so waiting on them for a reply, but I wanted to ask the community as well. 

FW Dell.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Adolfo_Z_H
Staff
Staff

Please do not use vlan all settings on any equipment, it is not a good practice and in case of a cabling/misconfiguration issue it could worsen issues. (allow tagged 1-4094)

just use this document to know how to configure FSW vlan on stand alone mode, just configure native and only used allowed vlan on all uplinks.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.4.1/fortiswitchos-administration-guide/146333/vlan

remember DO NOT USE VLAN ALL or ALLOW ALL VLANS.

Secure Access Team LATAM TAC
hellothere

The suggestion to use 1-4094 was done by Fortinet Support.  I have gone through the administration guide. 

Adolfo_Z_H

ok let`s wait until Assigned engineer concludes his investigation, you may suggest him to look on my recomendation.  i suggest you to follow one resolution path to make easier troubleshoot for both you and your Assigned engineer. 

Secure Access Team LATAM TAC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors