Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
makula
New Contributor

Routing hardware switch and VPN

Hi,

I have problem with routing. I configured two separate lan networks on hardware switch A: 192.168.0.0/24 and B: 172.16.1.0/24. I have access from A to B and from B to A. Also i have created VPN tunnel. Remote network is 172.16.2.0/24 and i have access to this network from network B. I would like have access to remote network from network A also. Please halp me configure routing. My FortiGate is 81E.

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

how did you configure those networks on the FGT? Is ist vlans oder secondary ips?

In any of both these cases the FGT already has the routing it needs. Still there needs to be policies to allow traffic to flow.

Also the other side of your vpn needs to know a route into A and B (reverse path that is. It needs to know how to route packets back to A and B to be able ro route replys to packets). Without that packets that go from A or B to VPN will reach their destination in VPN but you won't get anything back.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
makula
New Contributor

I created two networks and leter created IPv4 policy. Flow is from A to B and vice versa,  from B through VPN to remote network and vice versa but i do not have access from A through B and VPN to remote network.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors