Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BumbleBee
New Contributor

Routing for newbe

Hi, I would like outside users to be able to connect to a computer inside my LAN without using SSL VPN (short demonstration). The computer which they will connect to has static IP 192.168.10.10. The Port which users will connect to this computer is 8888. GW 192.168.10.1 I have Fortinet 60B How can I enable it ? Your help is appreciated! Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
nsantin
New Contributor III

Welcome to the forums. You need to setup a VirtualIP to the server, then create a firewall rule to allow it. step1: Goto Firewall-->VirtualIP Create a mapping to map the external IP and port 8888 to your internal IP step2: Goto Firewall ->policy Create a new firewall policy where the source is all and the destination is the VirtualIP you created in step 1 (it will be near the bottom of the list in the destination drop down). Set the appropriate interfaces (WANx - Internal) and services (ALL), then ACCEPT. If you search the forums for Virtual IP you will find a lot of other posts with examples if you get stuck.
BumbleBee
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks. I will try it. How can I see request or the log of this traffic rule in the FW ? Thanks!
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

in Log&Report>Settings: - enable local logging - set logging level to ' information' in Firewall>Policy, select that policy and enable ' Log Traffic' if you had enough traffic, - go to Log&Report>Log Access, select Traffic log and filter for that policy ID

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
BumbleBee
New Contributor

Hi, For some reason the rule does not work for me and i can not see the traffic for this rule.
nsantin
New Contributor III

Dd you post the rule above any others (perhaps a deny)? Firewall rules are processed in order. so make sure this is above any other rules you have that may conflict.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors