Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ITtech
New Contributor

Routing Problem with Fortigate 60C

Hi,

I request your help for a routing configuration in my fortigate,

I have received a box from OVH (technicolor), in my firewall I have 2 box connected (the OVH box on wan1 and another box on wan2). the 2 box have the same settings and I put the same policy rules on the 2 interfaces. My problem is when I try to use my Voip phones they only take the way of the wan2, when I desactivate the "voip rule" on wan2, the rule on wan1 does not work.

To be clear about this, I want to use the wan1 for Voip only and the wan2 for web traffic and datas.. I put a policy route to wan1 but it does not seem to work. I have my system/config HA configured in standalone mode,

my heartbeat interface:

dmz enable 50 lan 0 wan1 enable 50 wan2 0 On My static route: the wan2 priority and distance are set on 10                              the wan1 priority and distance are set on 5 I tried with my box set on bridge mode also in routing mode, but the result is the same. Any idea about this problem ? I probably made a mistake in my configuration... Sorry for my poor english, thanks in advance for your assistance.

11 REPLIES 11
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I never heard of that bob, but what he should do is pull the route table. I prefer  the cli since I'm a cli guy;

e.g

get router info kernel

or

get router info routing-table database

Both of these gives a clear picture of the  routes.What I like about the latter it will show you all routes including the prority;

S    *> 0.0.0.0/0 [10/0] via x.x.x.x, wan1, [100/0]

S    *> 0.0.0.0/0 [10/0] via y.y.y.y.y, wan2, [200/0] S       0.0.0.0/0 [254/0] is a summary, Null

So it's easy to understand the RIB.

For the >OP< he really needs to  run the diagnostic command and then look at the route table for unicast or PBR and adjust as required and re-run the diagnostic debug flow.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

rwpatterson wrote:
If you change it to an odd number and the gateway changes, then it is the FGT doing 'gateway load balancing'. Even IP addresses use the WAN2 and odd IP addresses use WAN1. Test and let us know how it goes.

emnoc wrote:

I never heard of that bob, but what he should do is pull the route table. I prefer  the cli since I'm a cli guy;

'gateway load balancing' That's not an official term, it's just what I call it based on the behaviors I have seen on several of the smaller models. (100A, 80xx, 60x, etc.)

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors