Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gigem94
New Contributor

Routing Across SSL VPN using Forticlient

Hello gurus, I'm new to the group.  I've been working on a use case to see if it possible to route from an internal segment back to and through the SSL VPN full tunnel using Forticlient.  Everything I've tried indicates that the fortigate will only forward over ip packets that are destined to the dynamic ip address establish on the ssl vpn client on my linux box; any attempt to try to route anything else never makes it to the client despite the use of static and/or policy routes.

Here's some additional detail:

internal host: 192.168.0.21/24 with gateway of the fortigate interface 192.168.0.1

SSL.root client ip pool is 10.10.10.1-10.10.10.20

linux client local ip is 192.168.12.30/24(eth0) and allocated SSL VPN ip is 10.10.10.1 (ppp0)

I've got a policy configured without nat and can ping from my internal host to the ssl vpn ip just fine.  I've confirmed the traffic with wireshark watching the dynamic interface established by the forticlient.

My goal is to route to the 192.168.12.x network over the 10.10.10.1 connection using the iptables masquerade function.  The issue I'm seeing tho is the 192.168.12.x ping never makes it to the sslvpn interface on my client.

Any thoughts from the group? 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors