Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marklar
New Contributor

Route from different subnet

Hello all...I have what must be a very simple problem for most that I can' t seem to figure out. http://puu.sh/afnui/df6c65200f.jpg ..thats all it is. The 4.x subnet can talk to and see the 3.x subnet just fine, but the 1.x subnet across the WAN via site-site can' t talk to 4.x and 4.x can' t talk to 3.x. The 4.x subnet " sees" the 3.x subnet via 192.168.3.79. Not sure why avaya set it up that way, but that' s how it is. What do i need to add to these firewalls to pass 4.x traffic (coming from 3.79) seamlessly across the wan? Here are my static routes: http://puu.sh/afovP/ba731e78a0.png What the !(*& am I missing?!? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
Marklar
New Contributor

Ding ding ding!! That was it! Thank you! My " All" setting didn' t do it but once I added another phase 2 specifying 4.x on the 1.x FGT, added a policy route to 4.x and back, then enabled the address in the VPN Policy, it came up instantly. No matter what i tried, static routes didnt work. Not sure why but oh well..i dont think I' ll ever fully understand these devices! Thanks again!
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Yeah! A simple static route should do it as only the destination address is needed for the routing decision. I personally don' t like policy routes as they are not integrated into the routing, don' t show up in the monitor etc. But then again, starting the weekend, I' d probably not touch the config until Monday :)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Marklar
New Contributor

Yeah i' d like to get the static route working but i' m done wearing my fgt hat for today and need to move on to something else :) It seems like it should be much more simple than all the policy stuff...looks like the 1.x FGT uses all policy routes and the 3.x FGT uses all static routes. Maybe they both have to match? Who knows.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors