Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
polarpanda
New Contributor II

Route Bastion to Fortigate

Hi FGT Gurus,

I have site-to-site VPN between AZ FGT to on-prem FGT. The AZ FGT is in the same Vnet of VMs in Azure. I have no problem to use bastion to communicate any VM in the same Vnet. All the AZ VMs have no problem to communicate with on-prem vms via the VPN tunnel. For example, use bastion to login AZ VM, then RDP to on-prem VM. If i need to use bastion to connect any on-prem VMs directly, how do I route bastion to certain subnets that host on on-prem? According to MS, I cannot route bastion in UDR. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello polarpanda, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @polarpanda,

I believe you need to configure IP-based connection on Azure for Bastion to work over Site to Site VPN. Please refer to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bastion/connect-ip-address

Regards, 

polarpanda
New Contributor II

Hi hbac,

i do have ip base connection configured. I also tested the feature that i use bastion to connect VDI by VDI's ip address in the same vnet.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors