Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dhiyab
New Contributor

Rewrite HTTP Header in FortiADC

I am trying the below scenario in FortiADC

When user request the following website "test1.om" he should get "test2.om".

I tried to make the settings in FortiADC and I am able to do it(when requesting for "test1.om" I am getting "test2.om") but whenever I am opening FortiView - logical topology and clicking on virtual server and then on edit to enable content rewriting and adding the content rewriting rule that I have made and the default redirect rule and saving the changes, the websites which are connected in that virtual server all goes down. which mean if I am requesting "test1.om" it give me "test2.om" but the website is down. If I am disabling the content rewriting rule in virtual server the website "test2.om" works fine.

version of FortiADC : V6.1.0

content Rewriting rule which I created as below
Action Type: Request
Action : Rewrite HTTP Header
Rewrite Host is enabled
Host Content : test2.om

Match condition as below
object : HTTP Host Header
Type: regular expression
Content: test1.om
Reverse: disabled

And the default redirect rule as below
Action Type: Request
Action : Redirect
redirect : https://$0/$1

Match condition there is two as below
object : HTTP Host Header
Content: (.*)

Object : HTTP Host Header
Content: ^/(.*)$

I am new in FortiADC and looking for resolution for the above issue when ever enabling the rule in FortiADC all websites which are connected in that virtual server goes down.

1 REPLY 1
dhiyab
New Contributor

Note: if I am adding just my created rule and not adding default redirect rule in virtual server my rule will not work.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors