Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
noc_92
New Contributor II

Reset Lost Admin Password - FortiGate version v7.0.8

I try to reset my lost admin password login with maintain user. but I can't reset it. it getting some errors. Plz kindly help me to resolve this problem. you can be seen below my error 

Running Commnds>>>>>config system admin
                                               edit admin

'maintainer' account can only edit existing admins.

node_check_object fail! for name admin value parse error before 'admin' Command fail. Return code -37

1 Solution
anikolov
Staff
Staff

Hello noc_92,

It seems your admin account is erased. As per the previous comment, check in the configuration which admin accounts are left configured, so you can edit some of them.

Regards,

Aleksandar Nikolov

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gfleming
Staff
Staff

What is the name of your admin user? It's telling you there is no user named 'admin'. Do you have a config backup? Can you look under "config system admin" for what is configured?

Cheers,
Graham
anikolov
Staff
Staff

Hello noc_92,

It seems your admin account is erased. As per the previous comment, check in the configuration which admin accounts are left configured, so you can edit some of them.

Regards,

Aleksandar Nikolov
noc_92
New Contributor II

super admin’s name was 'admin', and I got all firewall configuration backups on my pro account, that account does not have super admin privileges. one day I restore that backup configuration file on that pro account. Till that day I can't access the admin account.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors