Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Iftm_Campus_Paracatu
New Contributor

Reset Fortigate 110C

Hello, I need to reconfigure a FortiGate 110C. I received the equipment is used and need to reset your settings and adapt for use in my business. I' ve read your manual that can be reset by using the CLI command execute factoryreset. My doubts: 1) There is reset by means of webconfig? 2) How will I access via webconfig after reset? You simply access https://192.168.1.99? I need to configure something via CLI before? 3) After the reset, it is necessary to apply the license again? If necessary, how do I apply it? * Sorry for bad English, I speak only Portuguese!
5 REPLIES 5
Fullmoon
Contributor III

I don' t know if the FGT110C you acquired has a valid license. Via cli you can reset or erase the current configuration by issuing execute factory reset and default ip is 192.168.1.99. It is accessible via any web browser also. Now your question is after the reset the license still be there?Yes if the said unit has valid license, you need internet access to activate its subscriptions without scrutinizing the unit :)

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

@OP: if the unit is used then it is likely that you cannot access it by using the default IP address. HTTPS access is more likely than HTTP access. Use an internal port to connect. The only way it will work 100% is to access it via the serial console port. There should be a serial cable included with DB9 plug on one side and RJ45 on the other (also known as a Cisco serial cable). Use a terminal program and connect to COM1 with 9600 baud, 8N1. The speed might also be 19200 baud. Then you have to log in, as " admin" and hopefully without a password. If the previous owners have installed a password there is a procedure to reset it - search this forum for " password reset" to get the details.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Iftm_Campus_Paracatu
New Contributor

after the reset is not required to validate the license login again?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

No. When the FGT is registered the serial number is stored on the FortiGuard servers. It doesn' t change anything if you reset the configuration. The only thing to take care of is whether the unit was registered before or not. The registration is coupled to an account on support.fortinet.com. If you cannot login on that account you will not be able to download firmware updates. But as long as the registration lasts the unit can receive UTM updates (AV, IPS etc.).

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Iftm_Campus_Paracatu
New Contributor

Thanks for the great help, because this question was worrying when performing a reset or not. hugs
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors