Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hbouddine
New Contributor

Request for material information

Hello All,

I have a question if you can help me.

I manage the security of a computer park of more than [style="background-color: #888888;"]1000[/style] users, I want to use a fortigate to manage all the authorizations, access... and use all the functionality of the foatigate (IPS, application control, Anti-virus, DLP...) without having an impact on the CPU and memory load. Can you please advise me which range/model to use for this purpose and also the items to check before installation. I remain available for any further information.

NB: our sales agent proposed us the fortigate [style="background-color: #888888;"]300E[/style]

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Without getting in too deep (or in at all) I'd have a look at the 500E if you consider buying a 300E. First FGT to offer a 10G port, overall very well equipped and not really more expensive.

You mention authorization and access control. By checking the pertaining chapters in the FortiOS Handbook (docs.fortinet.com) you could get a picture if FortiOS offers all which you expect. If not, there is a specialized appliance called FortiAuthenticator which might be better suited. Your requirements for the FGT would then be different.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors