Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Renaming user group with " space" in the name

Hello, i recently created a user group with a " space" in the name and since i create this user group, i' m not able to edit it' s properties again. i can see it if i do from command line a " show user group" . i can see it from the web interface. but i still can' t manage it or rename it or delete it... do you have a idea what can i do with this " user Group" ? i' m looking to rename or delete it ! Thanks for your help !
3 REPLIES 3
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi, and welcome, Did you try to rename it in the CLI ? Use " " when you try.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Not applicable

i found the solution... with tha command : (rename " old name" to " new name" ) i didn' t add the " to" Sorry guys ! thanks for your help !
Fullmoon
Contributor III

ORIGINAL: Eroberge i recently created a user group with a " space" in the name and since i create this user group, i' m not able to edit it' s properties again. i can see it if i do from command line a " show user group" . i can see it from the web interface. but i still can' t manage it or rename it or delete it... do you have a idea what can i do with this " user Group" ? i' m looking to rename or delete it !
try this command config user group rename " bad name" to goodname end Thanks

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors