Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mumbles202
New Contributor II

Rename P1 or P2 Parameter

Is it possible to rename a vpn connection once it's in place?  I currently have a dial-up vpn over ipsec that is working, but when you get to try to use the connection with a high number of people you're running into an issue w/ the 15 character limit so I wanted to try to rename the connection to same RemoteVPN or similar so that I'd save some characters.  Is that possible?  And if so would I have to knock everyone offline to do so?

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Short answer , "not possible". You will need to find a downtime and wipe the cfg, route,piolicy, and such and then paste it back in. 

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
mumbles202
New Contributor II

Thanks.  Yea, after looking around a bit I'm seeing the same.  Can i just copy/paste the P1 and P2 settings w/ a different name via the cli ahead of time and then delete the policy and repoint the route and dhcp services after hours?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes that's what you need to do. You might have to flush ike/ipsec SA . If the SA are up and IRIC it might give you an error.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors