Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jprocha
New Contributor II

Remove VLANs from Fortiswitch ISL Trunk

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if there is a way to exclude specific VLANs from passing inside a fortiswitch ISL trunk or to pass only management traffic between a specific ISL link.

By default fortilink passes all VLANs between Fortiswitches connected to each other. Yet, I have a requirement to not allow specific VLANs to pass through a ISL formed between 2 FortiSwitches, therefore forcing data traffic to go through a 3rd party switch connected to both of these Fortiswitches.

KB: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiSwitch/Technical-Tip-Seperate-Inter-Switch-Link-ISL-between-M...
states about separating the traffic, but my requirement does not need the second link to pass data. Is there a simpler way to achieve this? Did not want to go into modifying MSTP instances and all of that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and tips!

Regards

FortiSwitch 

jprocha
FCSS - FortiNAC - FortiSwitch
jprochaFCSS - FortiNAC - FortiSwitch
1 REPLY 1
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

This article shows how to make static ISL for Fortlink trunk and manually select the allowed VLANs and may work also for ISL between switches. You can also remove auto-isl and manually configure trunks. If you have a pair of spare switches you can test it.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors