Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Joh7
New Contributor II

Remote access HPE switch

i need to have a remote access to my hpe 1820 switch behind 2 firewall in HA mode

is it possible?

2 Solutions
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

If the switch has a management IP configured, yes sure. Most secure way to access it over the public network is via VPN. First connect to the VPN than access the switch using its private IP.

The easiest not recommended way is to do a port forwarding (Virtual IP) and limiting the public IPs that can access it in the firewall policy.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

ebilcari

Yes, having FortiGate in HA mode doesn't put any limitations in the functions that the firewall provides if its configured correctly and both nodes have the same access in the network.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

If the switch has a management IP configured, yes sure. Most secure way to access it over the public network is via VPN. First connect to the VPN than access the switch using its private IP.

The easiest not recommended way is to do a port forwarding (Virtual IP) and limiting the public IPs that can access it in the firewall policy.

- Emirjon
Joh7
New Contributor II

even if i have two fortigate in a HA mode?

ebilcari

Yes, having FortiGate in HA mode doesn't put any limitations in the functions that the firewall provides if its configured correctly and both nodes have the same access in the network.

- Emirjon
Joh7
New Contributor II

Thank you for helping 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors