Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mbnor3d
New Contributor

Remote Desktop Connection - freezing problem at a certain time

Hello, we are using FortiClient 6.0.4.0182 and we are facing a problem with the freezing screen when we are connected to the PC via Remote Desktop Connection.

The problem is shown in the video: https://vimeo.com/795151736/abac6a7ad9 After several minutes connection gets frozen and you can't do anything, only to close the Remote Desktop Connection app and connect again.

I would like to ask you for your help to help us to solve our issue.

Thank you :)

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
Honored Contributor

Hello

Try find any useful logs on FortiGate (VPN logs) and FortiClient logs.

Also when the screen freezes you should check on FortiGate firewall logs if connection is clocked for some reason.

AEK
AEK
mbnor3d
New Contributor

Thank you

sferoz
Staff
Staff

Good Day,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. 

Can you confirm the FGT version as well.

Kindly run the below command and paste the output to the case during the time of the issue.

--------------------------------------
diag debug flow filter daddr x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x = IP of the RDP server
diag debug flow filter saddr y.y.y.y y.y.y.y = IP of the VPN Client
diag debug flow filter dport 3389
diag debug flow trace start 50
diag debug enable
---------------------------------

To stop:
diag debug disable

Thanks,
Feroz

mbnor3d
New Contributor

Hello, thank you for your answer.

We are using Fortigate FG40-F.
Screenshot_2.png
Should I paste these lines into cmd or where? And it should be on the PC that is not frozen so into the PC that I am using to connect the other PC, right? (sorry for the basic questions).

Thank you.

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hi mbnor3d,

As mentioned by @sferoz earlier, you need to go to CLI session of Firewall. e.g. using Putty or any other SSH client and then run these commands.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Olivia_7
New Contributor

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors