Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ashok_kumar
New Contributor

Reg:Unrestricted user

Hi Guyz i have doubt. One of our user wants internet unrestricted access . Am created group unrestricted also created the user on IP base. also applied policy .Still that user cant access internet.Can you help me on this.

ashok kumar

Network Engineer

CCNP/MCSA

ashok kumar Network Engineer CCNP/MCSA
16 REPLIES 16
ashok_kumar
New Contributor

Yes pls find the another log

ashok kumar

Network Engineer

CCNP/MCSA

hklb
Contributor II

Yes pls find the another log
... What is your question ?
ashok_kumar
New Contributor

can i add user on mac basis?

ashok kumar

Network Engineer

CCNP/MCSA

hklb
Contributor II

no nest-fiwall-01 (0) # set type ipmask IP/netmask iprange IP range. fqdn Fully qualified domain name. geography Country name. wildcard IP/wildcard-netmask url Match URL pattern (explicit web proxy only).
jorge9090
New Contributor

Always make sure the new policy is above the old policy with the rest of the users!
ashok_kumar
New Contributor

Ok guyz Thanks..

ashok kumar

Network Engineer

CCNP/MCSA

Nihas
New Contributor

you cannot directly use MAC address anywhere source /destination since it' s a Layer 3 device. but you can use device if the device detection has enabled,which will provide you more confidence that no other devices are connecting through the policy. The screenshot which you are attached shows the traffic is accepting through the policy. And if you don' t want to make any security on those machines you can leave UTMs features none as like now. But since you are using a great UTM product , it' s highly recommend to utilize those features to secure your network. I don' t believe your manager will ask you to open connections to an infected website.. :) You can have multiple security profiles according to your environment and users. Cheers..!
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors