Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sridharsre
New Contributor II

Reg: Migrating FortiManager VM to AWS

Hi All,

Greetings !!!

We are planning to migrate FortiManager from VMWare to AWS Cloud platform, I have few queries regarding backup and migrating the existing setup.

From KB: execute migrate all-settings <ftp/scp/sftp> <server ip> <filename> <username> <password> It allows all configuration in the configuration file to be loaded except for system settings (see below).

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD41305&sliceId=...

Will this backup everything or should I restore this and also the backup file too ? and later the log files?

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards, Sridhar

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
4 REPLIES 4
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You must first backup the config file on the old deployment.  You can then use the migrate command to essentially import the config (except for system settings) into the new deployment.

You can only restore a config file to the same model of FortiManager.

If you have enabled FortiAnalyzer feature set on the original FortiManager, yes you need to backup & restore logs separately from the config migration.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
sridharsre

Hi chall_FTNT,

Thanks for the reply !!!

Could you please let me know the pre-requisite for this migration to aws like CPU / RAM / Disk space for the instance in the AWS?

Thanks in advance...

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
chall_FTNT

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you select CPU & RAM in the case of AWS since it is a cloud service.  Or rather, you chose an Instance Type which bundles those options together (see Initial Deployment).

However, our guide for FortiManager AWS does have a section for Adding Additional Storage (Optional)

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
sridharsre

Hi chall_FTNT, 

Able to get only the firewall, not all the settings. Not even the ADOMS.

Any other way to do it ?

Regards,

Sridhar

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors