Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Pranay
New Contributor

Redundant Power Supply

Hi We have deployed one Fortigate 600C. It support redundant Power supply. Earlier their is only one power supply. Now we have added another module for Redundant Power supply. So i am checking if its any command or something to check for the status of Power supply which one is active or the health status of power supply. Thanks
Pranay Choudhary Network Security Engineer Dimension Data Asia Pacific
4 REPLIES 4
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Welcome to the forums. I was under the impression that both power supplies load share as long as they are both plugged in and operational. As far as failures, I just check the LED status. If it' s not green, there is an issue.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

fwiw I open a feature request back around 2007 pertaining to lack of syslog and/or snmp traps for failed PS in a FGT1000A. Fortinet got around to enabling this feature ( don' t know when ) but you will get a log message at minimum for a PS failure. Checking leds in a remote datacenter is about , as useful as tits on a boar hog :) I think they are working on more " env" checking log message as well. :)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Pranay
New Contributor

Thanks emnoc & patterson what actual issue we faced is there is complete network outage the firewall is got little heated up and then we have to manually reboot it. And we didnt got any log only we have got event notification of power failure. so after that we have another module of power supply so cant sure i this thing happen again what has to be done :)
FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

Do a MIB walk on the FG600C. There are hardware sensors: Find below the MIB for hardware sensors: -- -- fortinet.fnFortiGateMib.fgSystem.fgHwSensors -- fgHwSensors OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fgSystem 3 } fgHwSensorCount OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX Integer32 MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION " The number of entries in fgHwSensorTable" ::= { fgHwSensors 1 } fgHwSensorTable OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF FgHwSensorEntry MAX-ACCESS not-accessible STATUS current DESCRIPTION " A list of device specific hardware sensors and values. Because different devices have different hardware sensor capabilities, this table may or may not contain any values." ::= { fgHwSensors 2 } fgHwSensorEntry OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX FgHwSensorEntry MAX-ACCESS not-accessible STATUS current DESCRIPTION " An entry containing the name, value, and alarm status of a given hardware sensor" INDEX { fgHwSensorEntIndex } ::= { fgHwSensorTable 1 } FgHwSensorEntry ::= SEQUENCE { fgHwSensorEntIndex FnIndex, fgHwSensorEntName DisplayString, fgHwSensorEntValue DisplayString, fgHwSensorEntAlarmStatus INTEGER } fgHwSensorEntIndex OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX FnIndex MAX-ACCESS not-accessible STATUS current DESCRIPTION " A unique identifier within the fgHwSensorTable" ::= { fgHwSensorEntry 1 } fgHwSensorEntName OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX DisplayString MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION " A string identifying the sensor by name" ::= { fgHwSensorEntry 2 } fgHwSensorEntValue OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX DisplayString MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION " A string representation of the value of the sensor. Because sensors can present data in different formats, string representation is most general format. Interpretation of the value (units of measure, for example) is dependent on the individual sensor." ::= { fgHwSensorEntry 3 } fgHwSensorEntAlarmStatus OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX INTEGER { false(0), true(1) } MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION " If the sensor has an alarm threshold and has exceeded it, this will indicate its status. Not all sensors have alarms." ::= { fgHwSensorEntry 4 }

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors