Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tdwtechsolutions
New Contributor

Redundant Internet Connection Configuration.

Good afternoon, everyone!

I've recently started supporting a new office that has the FortiWifi 60E firewall/wireless device and am very unfamiliar with this product.

Our situation is that we have a business cable Internet connection coming into the building.  Sometimes this Internet connection will prove to be unstable and my client has had a few extended outages in the past.

We have a secondary Internet connection that we would like to use in the event that the first Internet connection experiences an outage.  Since the DSL service is very poor in this area, my client has opted to go with a Verizon Wireless JetPack which will connect to a wireless bridge.  From the bridge is the ethernet port that we would like to connect to the second WAN port on the FortiWifi device.

I've spent a few hours reading the documentation on how to configure the secondary Internet / WAN connection to work with this device and have found the instructions to be vague at best.  Since I am unfamiliar with this device and am more of a visual person, I was wondering if someone may have a simplified step-by-step guide as to how this can be configured.

Additionally, the Verizon Wireless JetPack does not allow us to configure a static IP address for the service.  This is not an issue for us as we are not hosting web servers, nothing is using port forwarding features coming into the building so this should not present an issue for us.  We are simply needing a secondary (temporary) Internet connection to use in the event we experience an outage with the primary connection.

So, I do appreciate any assistance that anyone may be able to offer.

Sincerely,

Troy

1 Solution
Fullmoon

Fortigate Newbie
4 REPLIES 4
nobody
New Contributor

please refer to the SDWAN feature on fortigate FW.  it can achieve what you are after.

Fullmoon

Fortigate Newbie
tdwtechsolutions

Thank you, "nobody" and "Fullmoon" for your assistance.  The Fortigate cookbook was very helpful.  I will be seeing that client again on Friday and will be giving it a go.  Thank you again for your help.

Fullmoon

tdwtechsolutions wrote:

I will be seeing that client again on Friday and will be giving it a go.  Thank you again for your help.

kindly update us the outcome of your upcoming activity. :)

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors