Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
binary_digit
New Contributor

Red Vdom Icon?

Good morning all, I am doing some work on a fortigate in a testbed environment and have noteiced that one of the VDOMS created has a red circle icon with a black dot in the middle when it is viewed in the VDOM drop down menu on the GUI. I cant figure out what this means, and have not been able to find a reference to it in the fortiOS cookbook. Is anybody able to enlighten me on what it means please?

Thanks for your time 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That's an indication of the management vdom. If you do below in CLI you would see it's configured as management vdom:

config global

config system global

show | grep management

set management-vdom "MGM.....(the vdom name)"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That's an indication of the management vdom. If you do below in CLI you would see it's configured as management vdom:

config global

config system global

show | grep management

set management-vdom "MGM.....(the vdom name)"

binary_digit

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

chilltownmayor
New Contributor

standalone management vdom - this can be used to have vdoms that sync on an HA cluster (A-P) but the interface settings do not sync. useful when sites have mgmt zones that are not in the same subnet.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors