Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RJ1
New Contributor II

Radius Authentication - Passive Firewall (Azure)

Hi,

I am trying to authenticate the passive firewall via Radius for management purposes. I have setup as per "Active-passive with external and internal Azure load balancer (LB)".

Active and passive firewall has dedicated HA management interface configured with dedicated ip

active firewall and passive firewall have the same radius server configured .   On my radius server I have two clients.  One is the active firewall and the other for the passive.

I can authenticate the active firewall without any issues on its ha management ip.  However, the passive firewall was not authenticating with its its ha management ip. But strangely it started to authenticate with its HA management ip.

Is this possible?

The RADIUS server  does not ping from passive ha management  interface. Routing table is blank on Passive firewall that means no reverse route to RADIUS server, also in GUI the RADIUS server connection status is " Error checking RADIUS connectivity"

When I check logs on RADIUS server, no logs are shown for passive firewall login.

SJ
SJ
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors