Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bmekler
New Contributor III

RDPnative connection port collision

FortiGate-300A, FortiOS 4.3.5, Windows 7 x64 SP1, JRE7u3, IE9, FF10. I' m trying to set up rdpnative connections in web portal, and I' m running into a strange problem - it' s doing port forwarding on either port 49152 or 49153, and on many workstations, these ports are used by wininit.exe. If I manually forward something free, say 33899, via port forwarding applet, then I can manually establish an RDP connection to 127.0.0.1:33899, but I can' t find find any option that will let me control the rdpnative port. Am I missing something?
4 REPLIES 4
oakley
New Contributor

bmekler, I am having this exact same problem, exact same configuration. Thank you for posting because I may not have ever noticed this. This doesn' t happen for every user with this type of configuration. Did you happen to notice if the pid of the wininit.exe and java.exe play any role? I haven' t been able to fully verify but I suspect that if the java pid is lower, it may try to connect to java first, and then work properly. So far, of my effected machines, I haven' t been able to get windows to assign jave a pid lower than wininit.exe. I submitted a support ticket. If I get any resolution that isn' t addressed by a new patch I will post for you. Or if you have any updates that don' t involve a port forwarding app, post them please.
bmekler
New Contributor III

It looks like the workaround for this is to remove JRE7 from affected systems and install JRE6, at least until Fortinet releases a fix.
brianmac64
New Contributor

Sheesh!! Causing me issues too. Hopefully they will release a patch soon that will allow me to configure what port the nativeRDP binds too, or use some logic to pick an unbound port dynamically... [EDIT] I have looked at a few machines here and all of them have either wininit or svchost bound to that port.
moo?
moo?
Eyal
New Contributor

Hi, This is a java cache problem.... close all browsers.. Delete all in this folder: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache and you done..all works.. Eyal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors