Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Anne
New Contributor III

RDP over SSL VPN

Hi there, I have setup a SSL VPN in web mode as well as tunnel mode. Through this VPN , we are permitting RDP, telnet and SSH to different servers. I have created bookmarks for each of these connections The problem is that when I use web mode only and click on the link for 1. RDP -- It opens a new window and displays " Launching RDP session" and then after sometime displays " Connection Exception Connections to remote desktop failed, please check network connection or remote computer configuration " 2. Telnet -- When I click on the link for telnet, it opens a new window with a black screen. When I click on Connect nothing happens. No banner is displayed.When I click Disconnect, I get message (socket closed) 3. SSH -- When I click on the link for SSH, it opens a new window and then when I click on connect, it prompts me for user name and password. i ENTER RANDOM WORDS AND click OK and nothing happens. When I click Disconnect, I get message (socket closed) It works fine in tunnel mode though. I can telnet to ip address using port 3389, 22 and 23. I searched a lot but cannot find a solution. Thanks in advance Anne
1 REPLY 1
Anne
New Contributor III

I am using Java Console and it hangs at: Try to get proxy information by proxy selector detecting proxies proxy type : Direct No Proxy No proxy information could not retrieve proxy configuration, attempting direct connection. I have configured a similar RDP connection for a different customer using SSL VPn and that works fine which makes me believe that it is not a browser issue either. We are using v 4.0 MR3 VDOM 310B
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors