Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mikael_A
New Contributor II

Question regarding expansion of disk

We are planning on expanding our Fortianalyzer VM with an additional raid set and adding another logical disc to FAZ. This will be done via the execute lvm extend command later. I was wondering how the FAZ will utilize this new disc? I was unable to find any real documentation on this and was wondering if anyone had similar experience ?

Today we have the following: Disk1 : Used 5000GB Disk2 : Unavailable 0GB (No disc) Disk3 : Unavailable 0GB (No disc) The question is regarding the (potential) future setup Disk1 : Used 5000GB Disk2 : Used 5000GB Disk3 : Used 5000GB Q1: Will the logs be located on both units? Q2: How is the distribution of logs done? Will it fill up drive one to max and then start on disc 2? Or will it randomly distribute logs over the 2 drives from start? Q3: If one disc dies and logs are present over 2 discs, how will a restore work? This question is relevant if you have 3+ discs.

By Discs I do not mean physical hard drives but logical discs that FAZ sees in this list.

Thanks!

/Mikael

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors