Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vinetheonly
New Contributor

Question about vlan and firewall policy

I'm starting my studies on the Fortigate Firewall and I'm trying to create two small networks by myself in PNET Lab. The topology consists of a Fortigate and 2 Cisco Switches. The objective is to create the VLANs, a for each port on the Fortigate, deliver IP to two PCs one on each switch and the VLANs must communicate. I've already created the VLANs, the DCHP server on them, trunk mode on the switches, but I can't receive IP via DCHP. I did a test on another port with another PC without the switch and it worked normally, but I need it to work with the switches. I decided to ask for help, as I've been looking for a solution on my own for 2 days and haven't found onetopology.png

1 REPLY 1
vinetheonly
New Contributor

The problem was a minor mistake. I just needed to create a policy on the firewall for each interface and authorize dhcp on those policies as well. I got it now.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors