Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sathapon_SS
New Contributor II

Question about the setting of Virtual Server(loadbalance)

Hello,

I have a question about the setting of Virtual Server(loadbalance). Please see the detail as below.

-There are 2 Real Servers and I want Real Server1 is Active and Real Server 2 is Standby.
-If a Real Server1 fails. Real Server2 to be active instead. When Real Server1 is back. Can FortiGate automatically set Real Server 1 as Standby? I want Real Server1 is standby after coming up.

I tested many settings. but when Real Server1 is back. It will always be back to active. Does anyone have a solution for this situation?

Thank you.

1 Solution
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear Sathapon,

Your requirement "-There are 2 Real Servers and I want Real Server1 is Active and Real Server 2 is Standby."

This is always met by configuration definitions made. There is no automatic role changes, meaning  if realserver1 is available, it would always be the active server as configured.

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear Sathapon,

Your requirement "-There are 2 Real Servers and I want Real Server1 is Active and Real Server 2 is Standby."

This is always met by configuration definitions made. There is no automatic role changes, meaning  if realserver1 is available, it would always be the active server as configured.

Best regards,

Jin

Sathapon_SS

Hi @jintrah_FTNT ,

Thank you for the information.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors