Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gazzo
New Contributor

Question about recertification

Hey Fortiguys!

Quick question... With the changes associated with Fortinet certifications, I've been checking the FAQs and documentation, but I'm still not 100% sure if my interpretation is correct.

If I took an NSE4 in October 2020, and in February 2022 I took an NSE7 EFW, which automatically renewed the NSE4 for another two years, I now have to take two complementary exams to obtain FCSS and FCP, before the NSE7 expires, correct?

In this case, a complementary FCSS exam (Support engineer for example), and a complementary FCP exam (FortiSwitch for example). This way, I "renew the NSE4 and NSE7" by passing the FCP and FCSS, correct?

Thank you!!

https://omegle.onl/ vshare
1 REPLY 1
Renante_Era
Staff
Staff

First, I suggest that you verify your current certification status via training.fortinet.com

FTNT_Cert.jpg

Next, visit this link for further information: How to get Certified for Cybersecurity | Fortinet

If you have a valid NSE7, you'll need to take another exam to obtain FCSS.

For instance, if you want to obtain FCSS Network Security then you'll need to take one of the following:

Fortinet NSE 7–SD-WAN (any version)
Fortinet NSE 7–LAN Edge (any version)
Fortinet NSE 7–Secure Access (any version)
Fortinet NSE 7–Network Security 7.2 Support Engineer

As an example, I obtained FCSS Network Security by passing the following two exams:

FTNT_Cert_2.jpg

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors