Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ajay_rawat
New Contributor

Query regrading fortiweb HA configuration

Hi Team,

I have fortweb 600e appliance. which is in reverse proxy mode. I have purchased the new 600e appliance. I need to setup A-P HA between these two appliances. Can someone guide how I can achieve this and what are the prerequisites? 

I need separate advance license for new fortiweb. What configuration i need to do .

Ajay Rawat
Ajay Rawat
3 REPLIES 3
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You need to have same licenses on both units and the physical cabling also should match between both nodes.

With regards to configuration, it is similar to Fortigate HA config and can be found under "System > High Availability > Settings.", below document explains the configuration in detail.

https://docs.fortinet.com/index.php/document/fortiweb/6.4.0/administration-guide/404272/configuring-...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

ajay_rawat

Hi srajeswaran,

Thanks for your reply. I have doubts regarding the Management IP and data interface. Management ip will be the same or it will be different.  data interface ip will be same once it sync.

I need to given the IP or not on HA sync interface which will directly connect on device.

Ajay Rawat
Ajay Rawat
srajeswaran

Management ip will be the same or it will be different.

> It can be same or different. If you don't have different IPs, when you connect you will always reach the Primary node. If you keep different IP address using "Reserved Management Interface", you can connect to both nodes separately using the respective IPs.

data interface ip will be same once it sync.
> Yes, the data interfaces configuration will be same/synced between the nodes.

I need to given the IP or not on HA sync interface which will directly connect on device.
> No, system will assign IP automatically. No need to configure any IP on the heartbeat interface.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors