Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dethangel
New Contributor

Query failed when querying distinguished name

Hi guys, Facing the following problem: Server / AD is running on Windows 2012. Test connection to AD is successful when I click Test. But clicking on " Query Distinguished Name" button results in a query failed. Below is the code i' m getting:
MIDSTARSG-80C # diag test authserver ldap " Midstar LDAP"  fortinet fortinetuser
 authenticate ' fortinet'  against ' Midstar LDAP'  failed!

MIDSTARSG-80C # fnbamd_fsm.c[1274] handle_req-Rcvd auth req 55902214 for fortinet in Midstar LDAP opt=27 prot=0
 fnbamd_ldap.c[759] resolve_ldap_FQDN-Resolved address 192.168.100.12, result 192.168.100.12
 fnbamd_ldap.c[1451] fnbamd_ldap_get_result-Error in ldap_result: 8 (Strong(er) authentication required)
 fnbamd_ldap.c[1738] fnbamd_ldap_get_result-Auth denied
 fnbamd_auth.c[2074] fnbamd_auth_poll_ldap-Result for ldap svr 192.168.100.12 is denied
 fnbamd_comm.c[116] fnbamd_comm_send_result-Sending result 1 for req 55902214
Any idea what is wrong on my LDAP / AD end since i' ve already tested on a machine on the same local network as the AD to query the LDAP without issue.
3 REPLIES 3
dethangel
New Contributor

Seems the above test by fortinet is using simple bind - and not regular bind. Is there any command that we can use to initiate a test using regular bind as i' m using another server to connect to the LDAP/AD using regular bind without issues.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

ORIGINAL: dethangel Is there any command that we can use to initiate a test using regular bind as i' m using another server to connect to the LDAP/AD using regular bind without issues.
You should be able to set it via the CLI.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
dethangel
New Contributor

Thanks Dave! That' s already been set via CLI. What I meant was a diagnostic test using regular bind not simple bind. Anyhow, we' ve managed to get it working but Windows 2012 is spewing errors on DNS and AD, due to this " mod/hack" , Windows is now reflecting that it is insecure and fortinet support is refusing to help - claiming its third party - kinda silly since its only Fortinet & Windows 2012 talking to one another. Will post the error messages abit later to see whether anyone is able to help on this issue.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors