Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

Quarantined device is still connecting to FortiAP

Hello,

I have problem with one unknown wireless device which is connecting to out FortiAP, FortiAP works with settings Captive Portal, Disclaimer + Authentication. Logins for this SSID are valid for only 24 hours we didn't provide any new logins to anyone and this device is connected all the time.

So I have added this device to quarantine but this didn't help, this device is connected all the time with strange IP address:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

How could I ban this device?

1 REPLY 1
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Since you are using an open SSID with portal authentication all devices can associate and try to get access, so I think this is the normal behavior. Since the user is quarantined the access is denied (the IP should be from the quarantine network configured in FGT).
If you want to avoid this you can change the security to WPA2 Personal with Captive Portal and set up an easy password that the user can enter prior to access the portal. In this way the user security is also enhanced since the traffic will be encrypted.

psk-captive.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors