Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Muri
New Contributor

QR Code URL Scan

Hello,

is there any option to set QR Code URL Scan?

we had today an incident, that e-mail was having a QR code which has leading to malicious webpage.

is there any option to scan those images with QR code with fortimail?

2024-04-04_15h01_51.png

5 REPLIES 5
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Muri ,

You can find a solution for this request in regarding link.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiMail/Technical-Tip-QR-code-URL-detection/ta-p/228594

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Muri

Hello,

I set this in CLI (set qr-code-url-scan-status enable) but the qr code still normally appears in recipient email client.

ozkanaltas

Hello @Muri ,

FortiMail scan this QR code and queries the URL from FortiGuard. If the link is safe FortiMail doesn't do anything. Like a normal URL sent in the mail body.

I think this URL is miscategorized. When I checked the category for this link, FortiGuard said information technology. In my opinion, because of that FortiMail is not marked as spam. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Muri

Hello @ozkanaltas ,

Ok, we don't use fortigate as Firewall - maybe this is the the Reading why this doesn't work?

Br

ozkanaltas

Hello @Muri ,

Some of you are right. If you were using Fortigate, the link in QR would be visitable. However, your users would most likely not be able to visit the other link on the relevant page. Because the other link is in the newly observed domains category.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors