Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jd653687
New Contributor III

Public ip to gast lan

Hi, I am new with Fortigate. Fine product. But I have the follow challange.

I have 8 public ip addresses and one to assigen one public address to a guest lan.

Should I use Vdom's? What is the best way to accomplish this? using a Foritgate 100D

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

what you want to do is to change the source address of your WiFi hosts. This can be done with source NAT.

Source NAT in FortiOS is configured with 'IP pools' (firewall objects).

Step by step:

1- create a new IP pool with just one public address, e.g. '1.2.3.4 - 1.2.3.4'

2- create/modify a policy from 'SSID' to 'WAN', source address 'myWiFiclients', destination addr 'all', check NAT, check 'use dynamic pool', select the IP pool just created

3- in order to make the FGT react to that public IP, define it as a secondary IP on the WAN interface.

That's all.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

what you want to do is to change the source address of your WiFi hosts. This can be done with source NAT.

Source NAT in FortiOS is configured with 'IP pools' (firewall objects).

Step by step:

1- create a new IP pool with just one public address, e.g. '1.2.3.4 - 1.2.3.4'

2- create/modify a policy from 'SSID' to 'WAN', source address 'myWiFiclients', destination addr 'all', check NAT, check 'use dynamic pool', select the IP pool just created

3- in order to make the FGT react to that public IP, define it as a secondary IP on the WAN interface.

That's all.

jd653687
New Contributor III

Great Ede, this is working just fine.

Thanks

Jan

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors