Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Faheem
New Contributor

Proxy / Flow Based Inspection Mode

I' m facing little issues with few websites I' ve set the inspection mode to " Proxy Based" on my Web-Filtering Profile and everything thing is working fine for me. However couple of websites are not being able to browse and gets timed OUT (Error on browser) Just for checking purpose, I changed the inspection mode to " Flow Based" on my Web-Filtering Profile and i able to browse those websites now. However i' ve revert back to proxy based till i really troubleshoot what the problem is with this inspection modes ....... What this is all about? Can anyone help me out. Regards FAHEEMUDDIN FAROOQUI.
3 REPLIES 3
oliverlag
New Contributor

Hi! as far as I know you it' s this: if you browse a permitted website in your utm rules but this website has some frames coming from blocked website, with the proxy-based mode you won' t be able to get the whole page. Viceversa with the flow-ispection mode as soon the main website is trusted then you will get the whole page even if it comes from non-trusted website. I guess it' s something similar. someone could tell me if I am wrong? thanks
Faheem
New Contributor

Its not LIKE it what i' m experiencing. Can someone else elaborate it further ??? Regards
krangaraj_FTNT

I see " DNS" inspection mode under web filter profile settings can' t find any info on that. Can someone explain if you know about it.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors