Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsumner
New Contributor

Problems with Asterisk server behind firewall

I suspect somebody has been down this road before. I setup a new asterisk server behind the firewall. It has an internal IP, and it has a VIP assigned to it. The relevant rules are (for now for testing). piaf=192.168.0.1 (for example). PIAF (VIP) external IP 91.117.108.79 (for example) internal ip 192.168.0.1 Internal to Wan piaf allow all to all. Wan to Internal all to PIAF allow all. I still can' t get any external clients working. Does anybody have any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11
nsumner
New Contributor

Player, I am a little bit confused. The problem is I am not doing NAT here to begin with!
flynnp
New Contributor

Did anyone ever sort this out. We have a IPBX sitting behind our FG60 and we can' t get the thing going either. The external SoftPhone registers Ok when using the udp/5060 port forward but thats as far as it gets If we run a pptp tunnell back to the office it work fine. My problem is I want to use standalone SIP phones hence no vpn ability. DOes it just not work? We have one client who uses an el cheapo netgear ADSL router and it works fine; but know such luck with the whizbang Fortigate. We tried different firmware; still no joy Any ideas?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors