Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fleminsa
New Contributor

Problems using Forticlient with MAC OSX Monterey

I am unable to launch Forticlient with MAC OS Monterey.  Whenever I try to connect I get the prompt, open security & privacy settings and allow system software from Fortitray.  When I go there there isn't anything for me to allow fortitray.  

18 REPLIES 18
leejohnc
New Contributor II

Agreed, installed 7.0.5 and this continues to be a problem on Monterey, even with Fortitray having full disk access

Permission_required_for_VPN_and_Security___Privacy_and_FortiClient.png

Security___Privacy_and_Problems_using_Forticlient_with_MAC_OSX_Monterey_-_Fortinet_Community.png

Altheman
New Contributor II

I am curious what output you get when running this command.

Altheman_0-1652468481248.png

Looking back at my install I am running FortiClient 7.0.1 on Monterey. I will try to update it to the latest to see if there is any change.

Altheman
Altheman
leejohnc
New Contributor II

We thought about that already.  I don't see those extension in 6.4.6 either, and that verision works fine. When I reinstall 7+, the free version, it's broken.  The pay version does work.

leejohnc
New Contributor II

I spun up a clean version of Monterey and I get the Allow notification in security and privacy

macOS_12_3_1.png

Before and after accepting the extension

macOS_12_3_1.png

leejohnc
New Contributor II

We're still investigating this on our side.  The VM isn't MacOS hardware, so doesn't have the extension security, so the test there isn't apples to apples.  The deployed Mac's are set to full security, and then have MDM policies applied that allow Fortinet extensions, among others.  

leejohnc
New Contributor II

I upgraded to 7.0.6, and the allow button showed up in Security.  My coworker also upgraded to 7.0.6, and allow didn't show up, and client is now broken in the way described in the thread.

Install_7.0.6.jpgInstall7.0.6Part2.jpg

NickBurns
New Contributor

I'm running EMS v7.0.6 and just added a new MacBook running Monterey (12.6).  After the install finished (FortiClient 7.0.6), the FortiClient GUI is completely grayed out - you can't click on anything.  I confirmed that the 2 network extensions were present as described above, and added all of the components to have "Full Disk Access" as described above - nothing, no change.  Tried uninstalling 7.0.6 and installing 7.0.7 - no difference.  Did a little troubleshooting with Support.  If you select the MacBook in EMS and choose "Deregister" from the Action menu, the FortiClient responds on the Mac and goes to the Telemetry tab for a connection.  If you put in the EMS Server and ZTNA Key, FortiClient with connect and register successfully with EMS.

However, this didn't solve the problem.  After you quit FortiClient or reboot, the GUI becomes grayed out again.  It seems like something doesn't load properly, but by resetting the connection, everything works temporarily.  Still working with Support...

Caroline
New Contributor

After I have tried almost all the things written in this board, I still have a problem to connect to FortiClient 7.0 with MAC OS Monterey.

When I try to connect FortiClient, I get a popup window saying that "FortiTray wants to make changes.  Enter an administrator's name and password to allow this. FortiTray wants to use the "system" keychain."  Although I enter the name and password, nothing would happen and FortyClient just freezes.

uninstalled and re-installed FortiClient7.0 2-3 times, but it doesn't work.

What I have found different from the reports from other people is that no description like "the Allow option available for FortiTray" can be found on System Preferences in Security & Privacy.

Does anyone experience the same problem?

hkabla

I'm experiencing the same issue on MacOS Ventura, tried the @FreddyE suggestions but none worked. Still having that box that asks "...To connect to a VPN with FortiClient, open Security & Privacy Settings and allow system software from FortiTray."  And it stills does not connect to the VPNCapture d’écran 2022-11-21 à 12.19.20.png

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors