Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mzane
New Contributor

Problem with vpn connection

I have a user that can't connect with vpn, at 40% it stops with no error message.

Credentials work in other pc and it doesn't work even after reinstalling the client.

Those are the logs:

error sslvpn date=2023-03-01 time=13:01:02 logver=1 id=96603 type=securityevent subtype=sslvpn eventtype=error level=error uid=20D6F7F9ABF846289AB9F8EB73145321 devid=FCT8003723094774 hostname=XXXX pcdomain=XXXXX.local deviceip=192.168.1.10 devicemac=xxxxxxxx site=N/A fctver=7.0.5.0238 fgtserial=FCT8003723094774 emsserial=N/A os="Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Edition, 64-bit (build 19041)" user=xxxx@xxxx msg="SSLVPN tunnel connection failed" vpnstate= vpntunnel="xxxxxx" vpnuser=federica.biz remotegw=x.x.x.x

Can someone help me?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Just making sure, user is not hitting this issue.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-SSL-VPN-connection-status-gets...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

mzane

Exactly, i don't have any background window asking for certificate and it doesn't get stuck but it suddenly stop at 40% without displaying any error message

npariyar
Staff
Staff

Dear Mzane

The SSL VPN sometimes gets stuck at 40%. This can be caused when the FortiClient opens a new window in the back asking to proceed as the certificate is un-trusted.

After clicking 'yes', the connection will proceed normally.

Refer the following article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-SSL-VPN-connection-status-gets....

Regards

Niroj Pariyar
mzane
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply, i don't have any background window asking for certificate and it doesn't get stuck but it suddenly stop at 40% and end the connection without displaying any error message

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors