Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
George
New Contributor

Problem with blocking a application

Hy !

I have a problem with a user accessing an application that I restricted settings on firewall 90d

On application control i block the cloud IT option, but my user succed to bypass this settings and connect to different website

How to i block this user on other ways to visit different cloud IT applications ?

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

You may have different options available, but without knowing what firmware your 90D is running, it may be guess work here and without knowing more about how the firewall rules/app sensors are setup.

Just remember that firewall rules (and app sensors) are processed from top-to-bottom.  So your "block Cloud IT" app sensor should be placed in a firewall policy rule that is high up (in a app sensor policy) and any general firewall policy rule, so that it gets triggered.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors