Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Woland
New Contributor

Problem with FortiAP 321c set up

Hi everyone,

Perhaps somebody has the same problem or know how to deal with it. I have a used FortiAP 321c. I also have FortiKey and registered device in FortiCloud. It should be connected directly to the Ethernet. To set up the connection, router need to remember the username and password of the network. I tried to find such options, but without any result.
It doesn’t work through Wi-Fi too. When it is connected to the Ethernet at first, all indicators are becoming green, after that LAN indicator is still green, but the Wi-Fi is turning for another 15–20 seconds yellow, and then stops gloving. Wi-Fi can’t be found by searching. So, I can’t set it up all.

Could you please help us to set up this router and the Wi-Fi connection through it?

Thank you in advance.

28 REPLIES 28
Woland

I have registered it in FortiCloud, but there is no access to it also using FortyCloud, because it could not be connected to the Internet.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

what exactly do you mean "it could not be connected to the internet"?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

I have FortiKey and registered AP in FortiCloud. But networks are secured with user name and password, it can't be set up, that's why System shows and daily reports are giving 0 statistics.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

I'm sorry I'm having a hard time following. Which networks are secured with user name and password?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

AP is registered in FortiCloud with the FortiKey.

Also, WI-FI is configured in FortyCloud.

But it is not broadcasting WI-FI (i think, because the LAN connection is not set up. But still, the same happens, when I’m connecting it with the router or switch using cable, and in this case, it should not ask the log in. And buy such connection WI-FI indicator is glowing inly for some seconds, LAN – is green at first, after that is blinking yellow).

LAN networks need log in and password. I can’t insert that information, because admin menu is not working (dropping in 1 second after log in).

It happens also on private networks.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

Can you show a screen shot of the FortiCloud dashboard and settings for the AP?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

Opera Снимок_2023-02-20_100934_support.fortinet.com.png

Woland
New Contributor

I can even give access, anyway it doesn't work.

It couldn't connect. No coverage. 

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

Thats' your support portal. You should be configuring the AP in FortiLAN Cloud

https://fortilan.forticloud.com/

https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortilan-cloud/22.4

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors