Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Woland
New Contributor

Problem with FortiAP 321c set up

Hi everyone,

Perhaps somebody has the same problem or know how to deal with it. I have a used FortiAP 321c. I also have FortiKey and registered device in FortiCloud. It should be connected directly to the Ethernet. To set up the connection, router need to remember the username and password of the network. I tried to find such options, but without any result.
It doesn’t work through Wi-Fi too. When it is connected to the Ethernet at first, all indicators are becoming green, after that LAN indicator is still green, but the Wi-Fi is turning for another 15–20 seconds yellow, and then stops gloving. Wi-Fi can’t be found by searching. So, I can’t set it up all.

Could you please help us to set up this router and the Wi-Fi connection through it?

Thank you in advance.

28 REPLIES 28
Woland

I saw that too. No. No proxy, VPN, other services, that could change IP or block connection.  Well, i don't know where and how device was used. I suppose it could happen, that for some reasons https / SSH admin access was blocked. That's why it confirms user name and the password, but is dropping connection.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Can you possibly connect the AP to a different network and use a different PC to try accessing it? I wonder if something on the current network (corporate network?) is blocking somehow. Can you bring it home and plug it in at home to try?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

I used 3 different networks - 2 high-speed optical fiber networks, and anothe one - an old reserve network. Still no connection. 

gfleming

What do you mean you used 2 high-speed optical fiber networks? How did you use these networks with the AP? These sound like WAN links?

I'm talking about moving the AP to a completely different network like bring it to your house and plug it in there and see if you can connect to it using your personal home equipment.

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

That was exactly what I was talking about. Sorry if not clearly. 3 different networks of different providers in different parts of the town. 1 was with not the best connection. The other 2 with the good quality and high speed. All of them without proxy or network filters. Still the same. 

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

OK but you we are only trying to connect locally to the FortiAP.

We are trying to get access to HTTPS or SSH from a local PC locally connected on the same network to the FortiAP.

WAN links have nothing to do with this right now.

So, have you tried connecting to the FortiAP using a personal PC (i.e. no restirctions, fw, proxy, av config) on a personal network?

i.e. if you plug the AP in at home it should get a DHCP address from your home DHCP server. Let's say it gets 192.168.0.102. We can then try and HTTPS or SSH to that IP address from your home PC and see if it works.

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

I tried to do that.

The situation is the same also on a personal network. SSH – failure, and HTTPS – login and dropping in 1 second, returning to the login page. I connected AP in different ways:  PC – cable / AP – cable, PC – WI-FI / AP – cable (personal network, personal PC, no restrictions, proxy and so on).

If honesty, I have no clue what’s wrong with the AP and how finally to connect it. It seems like I will just throw it away at the end because of this.

Thank you for supporting me.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

Sorry I don't know what's happening either. Might be time to talk to TAC.

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

Actually, I started to talk to TAC, but they have sent me to the forum.

Other devices are setting up fine at same networks. Well, it goes to garbage. To much time wasted and nothing. Useless. Unfortunately.

Thank you for the time and trying to help me.

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

OK yeah sounds like you don't have active support contract on them. Not much can be done from TAC's side. But with active support they will fix them.

Just to confirm one thing, htough. Even from the home network when you plugged in the FortiAP's you did not see them registered in FortiCloud?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors